Planning Your Business Move
We believe having a detailed plan in place will help the move go smoothly. To provide an efficient move for our business customers, we suggest the TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® Simple Labeling System. Colored labels designate the floor or area of the new building. On the same colored label, a number designates the specific office or room. For example, “Joe’s office” or “coffee room.” Labels with the same colors and numbers are attached to your floor plan.
Each employee is provided with “Employee Instructions” and “Workstation/Furniture Placement Instructions.” “Employee Instructions” explains to each employee where to place labels on different pieces of office equipment as well as giving them some helpful hints. The “Workstations/Furniture Placement Instructions” allow them to designate furniture placement in their new offices.
TWO MEN AND A TRUCK®
- We provide all necessary trucks, movers, dollies, pads, and packers (if requested).
- A “Lead Mover” is present during the entire move. The “Lead Mover” will be a liaison between TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® and your company.
- We place your furniture where you want it at your new location, based on the TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® Simple Labeling System.
- You provide each employee with the “Employee Instructions” and “Workstations/Furniture Placement Instructions.” Label equipment and furniture to be moved. Complete “Workstation/ Furniture Placement Instructions” and position on door jambs in hallways of new building for proper furniture and equipment placement.
- Prepare all computers and electronics for moving. If equipment is leased, contact leasing company to see if they would prefer to move the equipment.
- Provide TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® with a copy of the floor plans of new building prior to the move.
- Ensure movers have proper access to loading and unloading areas. Parking meters have to be capped and the main flow of traffic should be clear throughout the move. This includes parking lots, sidewalks, elevators, and hallways.
Want to know how much it would cost to move your business?